A graduate of the University of Western Ontario, Tulla Bateman has spent the past 25 years as a professional fundraiser in the fields of arts, public education, and sport.
Prior to joining SHN Foundation in July 2023, Tulla spent 10 years at Tennis Canada, most recently as Vice President, Fund Development. Having raised over $30 million for tennis in Canada, Tulla is proud to have been part of the team that helped develop world class players like Milos Raonic, Bianca Andreescu and Felix Auger-Aliassime.
Tulla spent 5 years as Director of Development with The Learning Partnership. Best known for its signature program, Take Our Kids to Work, The Learning Partnership develops and executes programs designed to strengthen public education.
Tulla started her career at Canada’s National Ballet School where she held progressively more senior roles over her 10 years, culminating in the position of Campaign Manager for the $100 million capital campaign that built the new school on Jarvis Street in downtown Toronto.
Tulla has been involved in numerous community organizations, including:
- Valley Tennis Club (President)
- Change Through Sport (Volunteer fundraising consultant)
- The Doug Philpott Inner-City Children’s Fund (Board member)
- Toronto Humane Society (Chair, inaugural For the Love of Animals Gala)
- Royal St. George’s Society (Member, Sponsorship Committee, Red Rose Ball)
- Empire Club (Member, Organizing Committee, 100th Anniversary Gala)